Tuesday, October 2, 2007

GreatRome9




It is not easy to combat colds and even slight fever. It is like a gruelling race. I have been feeling listless for the past several days now and have been procrastinating that long. Emerging as winner from this situation seemed remote as the weather continous to change.

When you are down with flu your mind does not want to function or at least present you something good to stay calm. You feel sad, irritated and really lazy. You tend to recall unfortunate events that should have been buried and excluded from your blissful life. It robs you of your happiness. You forget to smile and do good to others. You feel that negative energy pervades your territory and you start to worry about its outcome in your life if you continue to dwell on these demented feelings.

I am not used to taking medicines when experiencing colds. Rest, warm water to drink and Vitamin C are always my allies in treating this kind of ailment. I like to think that they are good alternatives.

But this time, I changed my mind. I took several tablets for my colds. I was just following instruction. I did not want to feel another painful manifestations of another disease. My recovery was quite fast and I thought it was over. However, I experienced body aches after that and I knew I had another one- fever. I was forced to take paracetamol hoping to end my misery very soon. When I felt I had won the battle, another case came in. I suffered from indigestion due to swallowing all these bitter tablets. I had history of ulcer and my digestive system became sensitive to almost all kinds of medicines.

I forgot. The body is capable of healing itself. All I had to do then was to take a rest and turned to my allies(rest, warm water and Vitamin C). Maybe, my body is telling me to slow down and I chose to ignore it. I have a diminished life force or prana because I have not been doing my breathing exercises for quite sometime. Yes, when you have low energy you are vulnerable to any kind of disease. All of us breathe but knowing the proper way to breathe is another thing. Taking in fresh air is good to your respiratory system as well as your circulatory system. Good breathing techniques make your body healthy. Having more oxygen in your blood, combined with nutrients, gives a healthy, rosy skin too.

There were two writers who suffered the same fate. One took several kinds of medicines while the other one went for treatment the East way- she drank several glasses of warm water with grated ginger and some other herbs. Can you guess who got out of that gloomy situation first? According to the writer who chose the East method, she got better first. Well, this is not to contradict the West method as one is free to try anything that he or she thinks will work better.

Just bear in mind that there is a doctor in your own person. You can also heal yourself. You just have to know your body's capabilities. Simple ailment has a corresponding simple treatment. It is you responsibility to know what can work for you. Be familiar with your own body, remember your past medical history, allergies and disease you may get according to your family history. Having enough knowledge about yourself will help you to determine which method or treatment can work for you as you do your research.

But wait, do not ever think that you have become the doctor that can heal any disease. As the saying goes,
"if symptoms persist, consult your true doctor."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ace888i have another way of treating my colds & fever. maybe bcoz we have our own lemon tree & bears lot of fruits i use most of d time ds one. alas it seems a miracle drug it cures all my dscomforts. all i do s grill it & massage d juice n my head & joints. wd cough wen not complicated yet simply gargle warm water wd salt, its my doc' advice. grace