All of us dream of bringing success in all areas of our lives: marriage and family life, spiritual, personal, career and health. Very few people have attained victory in all areas of their lives. Most of us are still working very hard to achieve our desired results. Some have seen their goals come to pass in a very short time while others are taking a long time to realize their dreams.
Achievers revealed that the end product- goals, dreams, destinations, whatever you call them, that resemble success is not the sweetest of them all. The time spent, circumstances, experiences, lessons, frustrations, mistakes and failures are the most important factors that shape an individual once he submits himself to personal transformation to be the best person he can be in every area of his life. These are things that he will likely remember once he starts to reminisce the unforgettable battles of his life.
I have gotten myself a number of books about success and regaining power to have an almost perfect life. Many factors are disclosed to us about how to achieve success in everything we do. Maybe it is just a matter of choosing what you think may work wonder in your life. It may seem impossible to comply with all the tips enumerated in the books. But I want to share with you some pointers which I really think are valuable in bringing success to our lives.
1) Program your mind. Should I say reprogram your mind? Many years of believing that you, yourself is a failure created havoc to your whole being. Guard your mind against thinking negative thoughts. If you send the Universe your pessimistic thoughts, you would definitely attract pessimistic people, circumstances, attitudes. Remember that your life follows your thoughts, so always think of happy, victorious and positive thoughts and all these will eventually fill your life.
2) Be a good listener. Most of us want to be the center of attraction by talking all the time. We want others to know that we are superior and knowledgeable. Are we the only one? Surely, others have great stories to tell and they believe too that those who listen to them can learn something from them. Allow others to take the centerstage and let them say their piece. No matter how short the speech is we can always gain something significant from it.
3) Control your emotions. In everything you do, be it good or bad, there is a corresponding comment to take. Whatever it is, accept it wholeheartedly and work on areas that need immediate improvement. Do not let those few words change your mood from happy to blue. No person, thing or circumstance should influence your disposition. No one or thing has the power to make you sad, discontent or happy. Always remain in control of yourself.
4) Allow the not-so-good situation to happen in your life. Now this may sound absurd. Who wants to experience disaster in life? Certainly, nobody wants it. There are some situations happening in our lives which are beyond our control and no matter how hard we fight them we end up crushed and weary. We are advised not to resist them. Instead, recognize the opportunities hidden in them. It maybe that changes have to take place and there should be some refining jobs that have to be made on our part that impurities are being drawn out from us. Our character, faith and trust are being tested and we are being prepared for a more challenging situation that we will encounter later in life. You always have a choice but always choose to be better than bitter. Do not wallow in waste while experiencing this plight. Get up and work on an action plan. Rise above the situation and see the endless possibilities for advancement.
5) Learn to give. Never think that in giving, it only involves money. If you have money, by all means give! You can give to your church, your favorite charity and people who are sick. You can also give what you need at the moment. If you need a job, you can also help other job seekers find their dream jobs. If you need love, give it to those who may have abandoned by their loved ones. Bear in mind that you will always receive what you give. If you want your dream to come to pass, help others to fulfill their dreams. You may find joy in giving and God loves a cheerful giver.
6) Improve yourself. The skills you acquired several years ago have become obsolete by now and a little upgrading is needed to keep up with the latest trends. Acquiring new skills is vital in surviving the challenges in life particularly in your career.
7) Believe in yourself. If you will not believe in yourself, who else will? You are a unique creation of God and with this conviction, you are always sure that everything good will happen to you. You have the intelligence, power, ability and God's guidance to be the best person you want to be. You are created to be a winner in life and with this thinking, obstacles that come to you will just be regarded as spices that make your life truly challenging.
8) Trust in God. Know that God is in control and will always bring out the best in you even if you are in your most trying times. God is working in some ways that are not easily seen by you, but you are sure that He is always watching you. Being his child, you should acknowledge the fact the you are blessed, always.
Seems easy to follow rules but the truth is, as we work our way to success, we can always expect hindrances to get in the way. As they say, our victories are always made up of different kinds of obstacles- negative thoughts, frustrations, setbacks, mistakes, evil persons. All these make our personal exploration to be more meaningful, exciting and intriguing. Consequently, refining and molding us to emerge as champions in life.